Pages

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

(Or) Loan Sharks Accounting for Whales

If there is one thing I can say for humanity, it's that we aren't dead yet.  Sometimes I wonder if all the stars in the sky are the radiant beacons left by other civilizations long past -- radioactive warning posts of cosmic proportions.  Hanging in the sky, exploding gently as a reminder of the cost inherent in crash-testing atoms.  Yet there is no way I would presume to cease our exploration, or heed these neon hell-signs.  I would rather we go out in the blaze of our own madness -- leaving in our wake a legacy of destruction, set to warm some new Terra and shed light on the mistakes of those who come next.  If we are to fail, I hope it to be definitive.  I hope we take entire star systems with us in our passing.

~RD


Music for your ears to taste: "Suicide by Star" by God is an Astronaut

No comments:

Post a Comment